2. Event-Driven Architectures
3. Emergent EDA Systems
4. Cognitive EDA Systems
- Reflexes (medulla oblongata and cerebellum) – these parts of the brain operate the unconscious regulation and the fine motor skills (cerebellum).
- Emotions (amygdala) play a critical role in our decision process. There is an interplay between rational and emotional thoughts that has been popularized by Antonio Damasio’s best-seller. In a previous post, I referred to Michio Kaku’s analysis which makes emotion the equivalent of stored evaluation functions, honed through the evolution process.
- Inductive thinking (cortex), since the brain is foremost a large associative memory.
- Deductive thinking (front cortex), with a part of the brain that came later in the species evolution process and which is the last to grow in our own development process.